Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My Campus Event

I have attended several events since coming to BW, football games, global friends hour, concerts, the homecoming pep rally, and many more. I try to always stay on top of things that are going on and to participate in events that interest me.

One event that I particularly enjoyed was the theatre performance of Peter Pan. This event was the production of J.M. Barrie's classic story of Peter Pan as portrayed by  Baldwin-Wallace students on October 10-14. This show was wonderfully put together with a great, hardworking and dedicated cast, a beautiful set and an energetic story.

Immediately upon entering the theatre, I was taken back by the marvelous construction of the set, that was able to function as so many settings within the story. As soon as the actors stepped onto the stage the show was engaging and entertaining for its entire length. As a seasoned audience member, I never once lost focus of the story although I was aware that the long run time was getting to some of my fellow audience members. I also have to applaud the actors and actresses for their excellent use of a British accent although, as a but of an anglophile I could tell those whom had a great deal of practice and experience from those who did not.  

Over all I enjoyed the event, and the sold out shows certainly stands to show that the BW community supports their theatre program and performers. I was very excited to be sitting with so many of my fellow students supporting my peers. I strongly recommend that everyone attend the performances they put on, they are a great night out and free to BW students!!!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. I wish i could have went to that it sounds awesome and i really like peter pan

    ReplyDelete